This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I am using odoo 15, I have users added to the system. I want to make a way that will force the user to change their password from the default one when they want to log in to system
How can I accomplish this?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

In Odoo, there isn't a default feature to mandate password changes for newly created users upon their initial login. While there's an option to allow users to set their password via email invitation, manually setting a password doesn't provide this functionality. If you require users to change their password during their first login after you've already set it, you'll need to develop a custom module to enforce this behavior.

Hope it helps

Discard
Author

Yes thank you
I am working on this functionality in addition to other ones to be all at one module to be used.

Best Answer

What default password do you mean? As far as I remember you should invite users at:

"Settings > General Settings >Users > Invite New Users"

They should receive an e-mail in which they can create a new password.

Discard
Author

we registered users in our system with the employee email. we put a password like user@1234 for all users. We want from users when they log in for the first time to change their password from the first one we put for them. That is what I want.

In this case, I would recommend that you don't give him the password in the first place and use the "Send Password Reset Instructions" action in the user form.
This will send them an email with a link to set a new password.
I can't think of any other option right now without creating a custom module for it.

I agree, do not set a default passport so user has to set one at the time of 1st login.

If there are multiple users it is also possible to select them all and then 'Send password reset instructions' from action menu

Best Answer

Maybe create an automated action on user model, something like this. Haven't tested, so unsure how it works.

Discard